ALTERNATIVE NURSING CAREERS
Today’s registered nurses are in high demand in a wide variety of patient care settings. In fact, one of the greatest benefits of earning a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) is the variety of job opportunities that become available to you once you earn your degree. Whether you want to specialize in a certain area in a hospital setting or jet set as a travel nurse, a BSN from Xavier University’s accelerated nursing program can lead to many different alternative nursing career paths both inside and outside the hospital.
As far as job title, a BSN empowers you to leverage your knowledge into a fulfilling career in the ever-changing healthcare industry.
Your ABSN makes possible several different career options, including flight nurse, travel nurse, home health nurse, informatics nurse, legal nurse consultant and others.
ALTERNATIVE EMPLOYMENT SETTINGS
BSN allows you to choose the setting you work in as well, opening the door for you to work in a hospital, school, university, legal office, laboratory, and more.
With a bachelor’s degree in nursing, you can also become a:
- Home health nurse
- Informatics nurse
- Public health nurse
- School nurse
- Nurse manager
- Forensic nurse
There’s no limit to how you can make a difference as a Xavier nurse.
If you are someone who is drawn to nursing but not keen on working inside a hospital, the good news is that nursing is a highly diverse profession with limitless opportunities in various areas of health care.
NURSING CAREERS OUTSIDE THE HOSPITAL
If you’re looking for a nursing career strictly outside the hospital, here is a list of some more alternative nursing careers outside the hospital for you to consider:
- Health Care Educator, teach the next generation of nurses.
- Research Analyst, assist hospitals in acquiring services and technology.
- Medical Sales Representative, help health care providers purchase equipment.
- Nursing Informatics Analyst, manage health care data.
- Nurse Coach, assist companies in employee wellness.
- Academic Nurse Writer, author chapters in nursing textbooks.
- Hospice Nurse, help patients live out their final days in comfort.
- Legal Nurse Consultant, interpret medical records and serve as an expert witness for attorneys.
Contact us to learn more about alternative nursing careers outside the hospital.
ABSN 101 Guide
Download our ABSN 101 Guide to help you successfully navigate the accelerated path to nursing.